- 4 grouse breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 16 grape tomatoes, whole
- 16 brown mushrooms, whole
- Canola oil
Cut grouse breasts into ¾ in. cubes and place in a zip-lock bag with thyme, olive oil, wine, salt and pepper. Marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to two hours.
Remove grouse from bag and thread onto skewers, alternating with onion cubes, tomatoes and mushrooms. Brush kebabs with canola oil and grill until grouse is cooked through.
Serve with fragrant basmati rice and carrot rounds.
* If you use wooden skewers, first soak them in water for 15 minutes to help prevent them from splintering or burning. Whether you use stainless steel or wooden skewers, coat them in cooking oil before threading on the grouse and vegetables so the food will easily slide off after grilling. Also coat the grill with cooking oil so the kebabs don’t stick.