- 1 pound of venison, silver skin removed
- ¾ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of onion, diced
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Corn tortillas
- 1-2 tablespoons of pork lard
- Taco fixings: lime wedges, salsa/pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce, cheese, etc.
Shave the venison into thin, small pieces. Place in a bowl and mix with kosher salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté venison in batches to medium-rare. In another skillet, melt some pork lard (just enough to thinly coat bottom of pan) and warm corn tortillas on both sides.
Combine ½ cup of chopped onion and cilantro. Divide venison onto warmed corn tortillas and top with the onion-cilantro mixture. Serve tacos with lime wedges, taco fixings, and your favorite Mexican side dishes.